DATES: January 7-14, 2023
Everyday from 9AM - 6PM PST
This course is for all serious practitioners and teachers who desire to better understand and experience the power of mantra and its place in the great yogic tradition.
This 60-hour certification course offers an in-depth look at the power and practice of mantra and Naad Yoga. Participants will explore the different levels of listening, speech, chanting and the experience delivered through various mantras. They will learn how to integrate them into their own practice and how to share these practices with their students.
“Mantra” commonly refers to a word or phrase often repeated for self- motivation, or to express one’s basic beliefs. In the path of yoga, mantras are seen as words of power that hold energy, intention, and the promise of transformation. Mantra and listening practices are central to all yogic traditions. In Sanskrit man means mind and tra refers to a wave or projection. Therefore mantra is often described as a creative projection of the mind through sound.
- Intro to Mantra and Naad Yoga
- Explore the science of sound
- Use mantra as a tool to calm the mind and make it one-pointed
- The relationship between sound and silence
- Understand the structure of various mantras and what makes them effective
- Explore the power of words, tone and underlying intention
- Using your voice and body like a musical instrument: the relationship between the navel, breath, voice, mind and heart
- Experience the different levels of listening and chanting
- Experience a variety of mantras and discover their effect
- Apply the practice of mantra in our life and classes
- How to lead mantras with a group and different ways to use mantra in your class
- Create a home mantra practice
PREREQUISITES & REQUIREMENTS
Our Advanced Training modules can be adapted to your needs and time frame. Take them to simply deepen your practice, or as Continuing Education Credits or work towards your 300- HR certificate as intensely or as gradually (up to 3 years) as it suits your schedule and skills.
Those seeking a 300 hr Yoga Alliance registered certification must have a 200-hour certificate with RBY or any other registered school and are required to take all 5 modules. There is no time limit. Once all modules are completed you will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 level.
These 60-hour modules are open to all yoga students who are interested in further study even if they don’t intend to complete a 300-hour certification (3 years of practice required).
All payments are final. No refunds except in case of personal emergency. Payment plans are available by special request, but payment must be received in full before the program starts. By registering for this course you agree to the payment terms here.